When we use the term “personal data” or “personal information” in this Policy, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you. It does not include aggregated, deidentified, or anonymized information that is maintained in a form that is not reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to you.
Who we are
Remy Robotics is a company based in Barcelona, Spain. Our mission is to change the food service industry through autonomous kitchen.
In this Policy “Remy Robotics”, “we”, “us” means Remy Robotics, S.L., a company incorporated in Spain with registered address at Barcelona, 08039, Spain.
Regarding privacy concerns and questions, you can reach us directly via email: [email protected].
Review of this Policy
We keep this policy under regular review and last updated it in October 2023.
What type of information we collect from you
The personal information we collect, store and use might include:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Phone number
- IP address
Data protection laws recognise certain categories of personal information as sensitive and therefore requiring greater protection, including but not limited to information about your health, ethnicity and religion. We do not collect sensitive data about you.
Our website and the services offered thereon are not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18) years. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of eighteen (18) through our website. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from individuals under that age, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete the personal data. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your children have provided us with personal data, please contact us at [email protected].
How we collect information
We typically collect personal information directly from you through the use of our website or on third-party websites (such as social media, third-party websites).
We may also collect and store certain types of data about your browsing actions and patterns by using cookies and other unique identifiers. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. For further details click here to see our Cookies Policy.
How and why we use your information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Provide and maintain the Remy Robotics website
- Notify you about changes to the Remy Robotics website
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of the Remy Robotics website when you choose to do so
- Provide customer care and support
- Provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Remy Robotics website
- Monitor the usage of the Remy Robotics website
- Detect, prevent and address technical issues
- Provide you with news about Remy Robotics
- Respond to any questions you may have regarding our products and services
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements
For how long we keep your information
We will store your personal data no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected. At the end of that period, your data is deleted or destroyed (unless we need to retain it for longer to exercise or defend any legal claims). You may ask us to delete your personal data via email at [email protected].
Who has access to your information
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties. We do not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Remy Robotics website (“Service Providers”), to provide the website on our behalf, to perform website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our website is used. These Service Providers have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
In addition, we may need to share your personal information with a regulator or otherwise to comply with the law. We may also disclose personal data to:
- Protect and defend our rights or property
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website
- Protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Data protection principles
Data protection laws require us to rely on one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. We consider the following grounds to be relevant:
- Specific Consent: Where you have provided specific consent to our using your personal information in a certain way, e.g., to send you marketing emails. You may withdraw your consent at any time by sending us an email with your request at [email protected].
- Performance of a contract: Where we are entering into a contract with you or performing our obligations under it.
- Legitimate interests: Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access — you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you
- Right of rectification — you have the right to correct the data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to be forgotten — in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information
- Right of portability — you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation
- Right to object — you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing
In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
To execute your rights as a data subject and to protect the rights of other data subjects, please note that you may need to provide us with proof of your identity – for example, copy of an official governmental identification (e.g., drivers license) – so we may verify the authenticity of the request.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights or if you have any questions about this notice or our processing of your data more generally, please contact [email protected].
We have put in place appropriate security measures to reduce the risk that your personal information will be accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees and third parties who have a business need to know it within the purposes specified above. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breaches and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Links to Other Sites
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”) or the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU or the EEA. You should be aware that these countries may not have data protection laws similar to those in the EU or the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU or the EEA in this way, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU or EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EU or the EEA in order to provide you with those services.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your information is only accessible by appropriately trained staff, volunteers and contractors.
We may modify this Policy from time to time. Such changes will be posted to this page. We will notify you of material changes by appropriate means. Any changes to the Policy will become effective and will supersede all previous terms when they are posted on this page. Your use of the website following such a change indicates your acceptance of the revised Policy.
For any questions or concerns about this Policy or the manner in which we treat your personal data, please email us at [email protected].
This cookies policy will inform you how we utilise cookies and similar tools (collectively, “cookies”) on our website.
Review of this Policy
We keep this policy under regular review. It was last updated in October 2023.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our website. Cookies help us gather information about your visit, making our website more useful and efficient.
Types of Cookies
We may use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. Our website cannot function properly without these cookies and they cannot be switched off. These cookies enable basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the website, or saving the status of your cookie settings.
- Functional cookies. These cookies provide enhanced, more personal features and allow the website to remember your preferences or information you entered.
- Analytical and performance cookies. These cookies allow us to understand how you interact with our website and what content interests you most. Analytical and performance cookies help us improve the performance of our website and adapt the content to your interests.
- Marketing cookies. We use these cookies to display advertising tailored to your interests on our and other websites.
No cookies are loaded to your web browser or your device by default. When you enter our website you can either accept or decline the storage of cookies. After you click accept, one cookie will be stored to your browser, only to remember this choice. If you accept the cookies on our website, we will collect data to enhance site navigation, analyse site usage and assist in our marketing efforts. If you click decline, no cookies will be stored to your browser and you will be required to accept or decline cookies each time you visit the site.
For how long cookies are stored
The “accept” of our website cookies, cookie will remain on your browser for 180 days. After 180 days, cookies may still be stored in your browser, but the Google Analytics code will not be activated until you specifically press “accept”. Google Analytics cookies will be stored on your browser for a period between 24 hours and 2 years.
Third Party cookies
We also use third-party cookies, which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of our website, for our advertising and marketing efforts. We do not control these third-party websites and we are not responsible for their content and security.
How to disable cookies
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website.